The Screen Actor + FilmmakerAnnual Program
The Screen Actor + Filmmaker is the only 40 week program in Australia that arms the aspiring young actor with the tools to shape a professional career within the screen and filmmaking industries.
You will travel on a deep journey through mastering your connection to the truth of the moment in front of and behind the camera while building real world connections way beyond the classroom. You will learn how to analyse scenes, connect to your inner power and tune into the other actor through performing scenes from our library of scripts specifically written for your age range.
You will shoot showreel scenes throughout some of Sydney’s most iconic locations and upload them to your online profile to showcase your journey to the world, your agent and your family.
Our team of coaches are trained to inspire you every step of the way and through working with our original YAA syllabus you will unveil a brave, skilful and intelligent approach towards the craft of acting. As the journey continues you will travel with your cast and a team of industry leaders who will empower you to bring your script to the screen.
Working on a film set is every young actor’s dream and over the September School Holidays you will journey with a professional crew of filmmakers and act up a storm in your own short film over 3 full 10 hour shoot days. At the end of the year you will proudly walk the red carpet alongside your cast mates and celebrate your achievements with family and industry guests at our end of year Young Actors Awards cinema showcase.
For a detailed insight into your journey ahead click below
THE SCREEN ACTOR
$398 per month (gst inclusive)
for 11 months
What Do You Get
- 40 Weeks of professional training in screen acting and film production.
- 30 hours of onset experience.
- Small class sizes
- Bridge pathways with industry coaches and work with professional equipment.
- Credit for your work via IMDb.
- Access to Industry standard cameras, lights and equipment.
- Membership to Studiobinder pre-production software
- Access to film festivals and events to develop your career.
- Yearly acting masterclasses in screen acting, casting techniques, voice and physicality.
- Take home all filmed footage.
- Access to our YAA script vault.
- Showcase your films on the cinema screen to industry, families and friends.
- Opportunity to star in other Young Actors Assembly class films.
or combine The Stage Actor program for the Ultimate Actors Experience!
YAA 2024 Term Calendar
Saturday 3rd Feb 2024 –Sunday 14th April 2024
Saturday 4th May 2024 – Sunday 7th July 2024
Saturday 27th July 2024 – Sunday 29th Sept 2024
Saturday 19th Oct 2024 – Sunday 14th Dec 2024
THE SCREEN ACTOR Class Time:
10am until 2pm
(4 hour class weekly throughout term dates listed above)
Age Ranges: 14yrs +
Waterloo or Alexandria Studio
Maximum 16 actors only
Films are shot in the September Holiday period over 3 shoot days.
Rehearsals are undertaken in class time.
Screen Acting Coach
Ezekiel Simat (Zeke to his friends) was one of the top 10 finalist in the highly competitive Heath Ledger Scholarship in 2018.
Young Actors Assembly acknowledges the original storytellers, the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as the nation's first inhabitants and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work.