YOUNG ACTORS ASSEMBLY (YAA) TERMS & CONDITIONS
By enrolling in and/or attending Young Actors Assembly (YAA), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
1. Cancellation and Student Absence
- No refunds will be given upon commencement of programs.
- As overheads remain the same, regardless of attendance, classes will not be credited, and refunds will only be applied if students are present.
- YAA reserves the right to cancel classes. YAA will offer a refund, credit or request that the participant attend an alternative class of the same value as the class cancelled. We accept no liability for any other costs.
- Any cancellations received five days from course commencement will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
- Creative kids vouchers are valid within one calendar year.
- We do not accept substitution of participants without notifying YAA in writing, as participants must be eligible for the course.
2. Conditions of Enrolment and Participation
- You voluntarily assume all innate and apparent risks associated with the Young Actors Assembly programs, including (but not limited to) all risks of personal injury and any losses caused by or arising from acts or omissions of the course coordinators and staff.
- You indemnify YAA against any proper claims, costs or damages arising from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- YAA reserves the right to make amendments to its programs without prior notice, either before or during a course.
- YAA reserves the right to merge published age groups and structure classes as required.
- YAA reserves the right to refuse any enrolment as permitted by law or to request a participant to leave a program if they are disruptive, consistently late or have not paid their fees before the commencement of the program.
- By enrolling in a YAA class, you and/or your child are agreeing to be recorded, and all images and recordings are stored securely in YAA digital storage. YAA reserves the right to use images and/or recordings for marketing purposes.
- All recordings of classwork, digital learning and/or electronic materials remain the copyright of YAA and can only be used by the participant for personal use; it may not be copied, sold or submitted to film festivals without the permission of YAA.
- Prices displayed on the website are in Australian Dollars.
- Early Bird Discounts are applied to our Weekly Classes only, not our Annual Programs. The discount is only available if fees are paid within the early bird period. Once the early bird discount period concludes, class costs will revert to the full fee.
- All 40-week programs are based on agreeing to pay 11 monthly instalments.
- Upon setting up monthly instalments, you agree to the ‘Stripe’ payment gateway to request funds from your nominated bank account to transfer on a specified monthly date.
- YAA reserves the right to pass any fees charged to the customer by the credit card and payment gateway company.
- Payment is complete when all funds have been paid, received and cleared.
- If payment is not received as scheduled, a warning will be issued. If two warnings are issued, YAA reserves the right to add a late fee of $20 to the following month’s payment.
- Failure to pay in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will result in YAA undertaking any debt collection action against the customer that is open to YAA to take.
- The customer agrees to pay YAA any and all costs associated with and, however arising from debt collection action against the customer that is open to us to take, which includes but is not limited to legal costs and costs for submitting an unpaid account to a debt collecting agency.
- You agree to pay the monthly tuition instalments for the curriculum prior to the commencement date, whereby you are required to set up a direct debit and pay the annual tuition fee by the monthly tuition instalments in advance each month for 11 months.
- You acknowledge that if you are in arrears with your monthly instalment you will not be able to participate in programs or attend YAA retreats.
- YAA is committed to providing all participants with a positive experience. However if you breach these terms, fail to pay the fees by the due date, cause disturbance, act in a manner that is detrimental to other participants mentors or for any other reason you agree that we may limit, suspend or terminate your right to participate in the program and/or our services and are not obligated to provide all or any part of a refund for any fees.
- We do not offer refunds for changes of mind, or in any other circumstances, except as required by law. Legislation may confer certain rights, warranties and guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of the Services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, including but not limited to the Australian Consumer Law (“Statutory Rights”) This includes your rights to a refund in certain circumstances where, for example, the Services are not provided with sufficient care and skill. At no time are these Statutory Rights sought to be excluded.
If you wish to withdraw from the program (permitted only within 5 business days of the Commencement Date), you must notify us in writing via [email protected]. Late cancellations will be subject to the full Annual Tuition Fee. This means that even if we have agreed to Monthly Tuition Installments, your Monthly Tuition Installments will continue for the period of 11 months even if you decide to withdraw from the Curriculum. You acknowledge and agree that this is reasonable in light of the extensive materials that are provided at the commencement of each year of the program and the limited number of spaces and participants permitted into the program.
4. Safety and Wellbeing
Accidents and Injury
All precautions will be taken to prevent accidents and injury. Participants take part in this acting class at their own risk. The risk of physical activity in an acting class is fully understood by the parent and student. The parent & child hereby release all rights and claims for damages that they have at any time against Young Actors Assembly and its representatives, whether paid or volunteer, for any injuries or damages in connection with acting class or other activities related to Young Actors Assembly.
5. COVID-19 Response
Young Actors Assembly is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students and staff. As a COVID Safe business it is our responsibility to take the necessary steps:
- Students must stay at home if they are unwell.
- YAA will provide a Zoom alternative for classes missed for COVID-19 related reasons.
- Young Actors Assembly will continually assess the health and safety risks for all staff and students.
- If a lockdown is proposed by the government forcing Young Actors Assembly to pause face to face classes, the YAA syllabus will move to our Zoom online learning platform. No refunds or transfers will be offered and the course will be completed via Zoom or until the studio resumes face to face.
- If you are traveling to attend classes from interstate to study at YAA and border restrictions prohibit you from continuing the program no refunds or transfers will be offered.
For more information on our commitment towards a safe working environment please request our Covid Safe Policy 2022.
6. YAA On Location – Holiday Workshops
- I acknowledge and agree that Young Actors Assembly, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excludes all liability for any loss, damage or other claim arising from or in any way connected to the attendance of my child at the YAA On Location Masterclasses & Holiday Workshops, including without limitation claims relating to personal injury, or the use and publication of photographs.
- I hereby release and forever discharge Young Actors Assembly from any and all liability, loss and damage (including direct, indirect and consequential) or any other claim in anyway associated with the attendance of my Child at the YAA On Location Masterclasses & Holiday Workshops.
- I consent to sending full payment with the enrolment form.
- I acknowledge that refunds will only be given with 14 days cancellation notice, minus a $20 administration fee. Bookings cancelled within the 14-day period will be indisputably non-refundable. In the event of illness, credit will be issued towards an alternate class or workshop.
- I accept that Young Actors Assembly reserves the right to refuse admission to any person that presents a disciplinary problem to staff or a threat to the safety and well being of other children. Unacceptable language or bullying will under no circumstances be tolerated and will result in the child being removed from the camp with no refund.
- I acknowledge that my personal information will be stored in accordance with current privacy legislation.
- I consent to Young Actors Assembly, its officers, agents, employees and proprietors taking photographs, video and digital recordings or any other visual or audio recordings of my Child.
- I consent to Young Actors Assembly using photographs, video and digital recordings and using these in any medium, including the website, brochures or for marketing purposes.
- Young Actors Assembly reserves the right to cancel or change the timetable and pricing structure at any point in time.
- Any payment that bounces incurs a $20 fee of which the total must be repaid by cash or direct deposit.